Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Internship Days 1,2,4,7,10 and 12 (part 1)

Well, I've started my internship two weeks ago and so far, it's been AWESOME! This is my first job that does not require hard labor. After three jobs, I've realized that moving boxes and mopping floors is not for me so I had to decide what I wanted to do with my life.

I got the idea about possibly pursuing a career in publishing by my best friend. She told me (so did some other people) that my writing is good and I actually knew someone in the publishing business. I wasn't going to do anything else for the summer so I thought why not, and well I now have a cubicle for 10 weeks.

I thought at first that the higher up would treat me like any other intern (like Jabba the Hutt's slave), but that was nowhere near the case. I actually got to read manuscripts. No coffee deliveries, no toilet cleaning (or at least my fellow co-worker told me about the interns in the a fashion company), or even copying. SUPERGASP! Anyway, all I do (or have been doing) is doing reports on the stuff I read: 1-2 page report about the book and my opinion about it. That's it. Well, I've recently been assigned the task of doing the source notes of this biography. It's pretty tedious but it's important because without it, the company can get sued.

Well, that's all I can say about what I'm doing. So, hope you had fun reading this and at least stick through this journey with me.

More to come....whatever.

No comments: